Re: [FH] Sometimes miracles cease....

  • Ruthie
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
      Oh Meredith, I've always read the stories of monkey with such happiness that
      she could overcome the odds as well as she did. She was truly a fighter.
      My heart goes out to you as you go through this time of grief. Rememmber
      that she is still right there with you, not in physical form that you can
      touch, but in your heart where you can bring her back to mind and remember
      the love she gave you for the rest of your life.

      Ruthie and the Pumpkin Patch.

      Volume in Drive C: TOO_LOUD!

      Visit www.ruthieville.com today for your daily dose of me.

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
        What a wonderful tribute!!

        I also sent a personal note to Meredith. I don't post very often, (learning a lot here in lurkdom), but her loss of Monkey brought tears to my eyes.

        And Leah - your idea of celebrating Monkey's life and Merideth's generosity is terrific.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Evelyn & Sascha & 'Lil Foxy Brown (long-term foster pup), Cincinnati
        (& Chelsea, Punkin-Head Jones, Black Magic, SweetPea McGee & Anastasia, the kitties)
        Lotsa Pics @ http://community.webshots.com/user/evelynblack & www.DogScoutTroop107.com
        Animal Disaster Response - CART (County Animal Response Team) - www.TriStateCART.com

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
          Leah,

          So well spoken!

          If only I could stop crying..........

          Sue

          > Although I have sent Meredith a personal note, I felt it was necessary to
          acknowledge all that she and Monkey have done for this group. Through these
          two amazing beings, we have gained valuable information to help all of our
          kitties. You wanted to know how to deal with clots - Meredith could tell
          you! You wanted to know how to balance CRF and CHF - Meredith could tell
          you. You wanted to know how to deal with chyle - Meredith could tell you.
          Poor Monkey had it all when it came to complications with heart disease but
          she came through it all with flying colors due to Meredith. So I propose
          something a little different here - I propose a celebration! A celebration
          of Meredith and Monkey's journey together. Although their paths have gone
          different ways for now they will join together again. Until then, here's a
          "CHEERS" to Meredith and Moneky for a journey well taken and one not taken
          for granted!! Soar, Angel Monkey, as you did here on Earth!

          > Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

        • moonpye
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
            Dear Meredith,

            My heart goes out to you...
            Miracle Monkey was and forever will be a miracle kitty to us. Your truest
            love for each other made the miracles possible.

            You and Monkey *are and will always be* an inspiration to this group of
            miracles, faith, hope and undying love.

            I too, as Leah purposed a celebration, (after I stop crying)
            will celebrate Miracle Monkey's miraculous life and the most special love
            you both shared which will be with you for all eternity...

            Monkey will always live on in our hearts as Miracle Monkey!!

            Sending you many, many hugs,

            Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

            On 8/30/05, Meredith <connecting@...> wrote:

            > I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Monkey died this morning. I'm
            > not really up for writing much more about it, but I will sometime. I'm not
            > really sure what happened anyway. Am struggling with feelings of blaming
            > myself, which I'll explain when I share the details sometime.
            >
            > Thank you so much for your caring and support-- we all know Monkey lived
            > way longer than anyone would have dreamed. There were so many reasons for
            > her "borrowed time" (especially her own reasons), but one main reason has
            > been this group! How many times have we saved her life together??? I truly
            > can never really thank you...
            >
            > I know I am sporadic a lot of the time about getting on-line, which may be
            > worse during this time of mourning. Some of you have my phone number,
            > because I have given it to you privately, so I guess I'm asking if it's not
            > too much trouble, that if someone writes in with something I should respond
            > to, especially re: thrombosis, chyle, and balancing CHF with CRF......would
            > one of you who has my number consider calling me to let me know so I can get
            > on-line and reply? Thanks and sorry to be such a pain!
            >
            > My love to you.....
            >
            > Meredith without Monkey

          • Lisa Clarizia
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
              I also wrote to Meredith separately, but I wanted to say this to everyone

              I told Meredith that while this is a fight none of us will win, our best
              metric for 'success' with our heart kitties is in their quality of life. By
              that standard, Meredith and Monkey are shining stars.

              And for that reason, I believe Monkey's Miracle continues, in the comfort
              her story gives to every person on this list now and those who will come
              after. To those people, posting in the middle of the night having just
              found this list during a frantic internet search after learning their
              beloved companion has this awful disease, stories like Monkey's provide what
              is needed most during these dark moments -- hope. Hope that they are not
              likely to find among veterinary medicine or all too often, family and
              friends, no matter how well-intentioned. Hope that all is not lost, hope
              that it is possible to provide a beloved friend with treatment and comfort,
              hope that there will be more time to love and be loved. Hope that it is
              possible, against all odds, to make a real difference.

              This is Monkey's real miracle.

              Monkey's work on this plane of existence is done now, and she's at the
              Bridge where she was greeted as a hero by all the list kitties who went
              there before her. She's running and playing in perfect health and happiness
              with her new friends, my Baby Boy among them. Bless you, little Monkey.

              Lisa

            • Janie
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                Leah how wonderful put. Im sorry about Monkey and I have lost so many
                to this and fought and have had guilt feelings. Believe me you did
                everything in your power. My Sockster and my others are there to meet
                Monkey and shes running and playing like she hasnt in sometime. Close
                your eyes and see her run what a sight play tell she wants to stop not
                because shes sick. Your a good Mom. Thinking of you Janie and guys.
              • Vickie
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                  Dear Meredith & Angel Monkey

                  I've said this before and I'll say again.

                  It was you and Monkey, that help take some of this awful fear away that
                  comes w/finding
                  out your pet has CHF.

                  It was you that helped me understand about clots, which scared me the most.
                  I thought it
                  was the end if a clot was released. But with your edu. I know not to make a
                  wrong or sudden
                  choice to let Baby go just because some uneducated ER VET says so.

                  We've learned a lot from Monkey. We've learned that there is a great deal
                  of hope.

                  Vickie and Baby (CHF w/RCM post DX 18 1/2 mo)

                  In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
                  Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!