Sometimes miracles cease....

  • Meredith
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 30 8:41 PM
      I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Monkey died this morning. I'm not really up for writing much more about it, but I will sometime. I'm not really sure what happened anyway. Am struggling with feelings of blaming myself, which I'll explain when I share the details sometime.

      Thank you so much for your caring and support-- we all know Monkey lived way longer than anyone would have dreamed. There were so many reasons for her "borrowed time" (especially her own reasons), but one main reason has been this group! How many times have we saved her life together??? I truly can never really thank you...

      I know I am sporadic a lot of the time about getting on-line, which may be worse during this time of mourning. Some of you have my phone number, because I have given it to you privately, so I guess I'm asking if it's not too much trouble, that if someone writes in with something I should respond to, especially re: thrombosis, chyle, and balancing CHF with CRF......would one of you who has my number consider calling me to let me know so I can get on-line and reply? Thanks and sorry to be such a pain!

      My love to you.....

      Meredith without Monkey

    • lorkatz2004
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
        ---
        Dear Meredith

        I am so sorry to read this email and of your loss of Monkey. But in
        reading your email, I think you blame yourself for something you
        could have or might have done?? I can say I have 100%
        hindsight.......could have....should have done this or that. None
        of us are perfect and you did the best you could under the
        circumstances.

        All of us are fighting this terrible disease...........and in my
        opinion you were a very good mom to Monkey.

        In sympathy
        Cathy

        In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Meredith" <connecting@...> wrote:

        > I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Monkey died this
        morning. I'm not really up for writing much more about it, but I
        will sometime. I'm not really sure what happened anyway. Am
        struggling with feelings of blaming myself, which I'll explain when
        I share the details sometime.

        > Thank you so much for your caring and support-- we all know Monkey
        lived way longer than anyone would have dreamed. There were so many
        reasons for her "borrowed time" (especially her own reasons), but
        one main reason has been this group! How many times have we saved
        her life together??? I truly can never really thank you...

        > I know I am sporadic a lot of the time about getting on-line,
        which may be worse during this time of mourning. Some of you have
        my phone number, because I have given it to you privately, so I
        guess I'm asking if it's not too much trouble, that if someone
        writes in with something I should respond to, especially re:
        thrombosis, chyle, and balancing CHF with CRF......would one of you
        who has my number consider calling me to let me know so I can get on-
        line and reply? Thanks and sorry to be such a pain!

        > My love to you.....
        >
        > Meredith without Monkey

      • Leah Ferron
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
          Although I have sent Meredith a personal note, I felt it was necessary to acknowledge all that she and Monkey have done for this group. Through these two amazing beings, we have gained valuable information to help all of our kitties. You wanted to know how to deal with clots - Meredith could tell you! You wanted to know how to balance CRF and CHF - Meredith could tell you. You wanted to know how to deal with chyle - Meredith could tell you. Poor Monkey had it all when it came to complications with heart disease but she came through it all with flying colors due to Meredith. So I propose something a little different here - I propose a celebration! A celebration of Meredith and Monkey's journey together. Although their paths have gone different ways for now they will join together again. Until then, here's a "CHEERS" to Meredith and Moneky for a journey well taken and one not taken for granted!! Soar, Angel Monkey, as you did here on Earth!

          Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

        • pharosmommy
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
            Dear Meredith & Angel Monkey,
            This email has brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry you have lost
            Monkey, but remember Monkey is with other furry friends running around
            having fun...NOT SICK anymore! It breaks my heart because just
            recently I started to call Pharo "Monkey". He has been so strong and
            his disease is so severe. After our emergency room visit 2 months ago
            we thought we would only have 4 hours left with him. At least that's
            what the doctors made it sound like. Anyway, I consider my little
            monster a "Monkey" now. Our babies fight as long as they can against
            this terrible disease, just so they can have a minute longer with us.
            Monkey was a survivor and he will be greatly missed. Just remember
            we love you and are always here for you. We are all walking in the
            same shoes. Email me if you need anything at all.
            Love Andrea, Pharo, & Pooka
          • Ruthie
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
              Oh Meredith, I've always read the stories of monkey with such happiness that
              she could overcome the odds as well as she did. She was truly a fighter.
              My heart goes out to you as you go through this time of grief. Rememmber
              that she is still right there with you, not in physical form that you can
              touch, but in your heart where you can bring her back to mind and remember
              the love she gave you for the rest of your life.

              Ruthie and the Pumpkin Patch.

              Volume in Drive C: TOO_LOUD!

              Visit www.ruthieville.com today for your daily dose of me.

              > I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Monkey died this morning. I'm
              > not really up for writing much more about it, but I will sometime. I'm
              > not really sure what happened anyway. Am struggling with feelings of
              > blaming myself, which I'll explain when I share the details sometime.
              >
              > Thank you so much for your caring and support-- we all know Monkey lived
              > way longer than anyone would have dreamed. There were so many reasons for
              > her "borrowed time" (especially her own reasons), but one main reason has
              > been this group! How many times have we saved her life together??? I
              > truly can never really thank you...
              >
              > I know I am sporadic a lot of the time about getting on-line, which may be
              > worse during this time of mourning. Some of you have my phone number,
              > because I have given it to you privately, so I guess I'm asking if it's
              > not too much trouble, that if someone writes in with something I should
              > respond to, especially re: thrombosis, chyle, and balancing CHF with
              > CRF......would one of you who has my number consider calling me to let me
              > know so I can get on-line and reply? Thanks and sorry to be such a pain!
              >
              > My love to you.....
              >
              > Meredith without Monkey

              > feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Ruthie and the Pumpkin Patch.

              There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and
              those who can't.

            • EBlack@Cinci.RR.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                What a wonderful tribute!!

                I also sent a personal note to Meredith. I don't post very often, (learning a lot here in lurkdom), but her loss of Monkey brought tears to my eyes.

                And Leah - your idea of celebrating Monkey's life and Merideth's generosity is terrific.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Evelyn & Sascha & 'Lil Foxy Brown (long-term foster pup), Cincinnati
                (& Chelsea, Punkin-Head Jones, Black Magic, SweetPea McGee & Anastasia, the kitties)
                Lotsa Pics @ http://community.webshots.com/user/evelynblack & www.DogScoutTroop107.com
                Animal Disaster Response - CART (County Animal Response Team) - www.TriStateCART.com

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[...]

              • Sue at MAGDRL
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                  Leah,

                  So well spoken!

                  If only I could stop crying..........

                  Sue

                  > Although I have sent Meredith a personal note, I felt it was necessary to
                  acknowledge all that she and Monkey have done for this group. Through these
                  two amazing beings, we have gained valuable information to help all of our
                  kitties. You wanted to know how to deal with clots - Meredith could tell
                  you! You wanted to know how to balance CRF and CHF - Meredith could tell
                  you. You wanted to know how to deal with chyle - Meredith could tell you.
                  Poor Monkey had it all when it came to complications with heart disease but
                  she came through it all with flying colors due to Meredith. So I propose
                  something a little different here - I propose a celebration! A celebration
                  of Meredith and Monkey's journey together. Although their paths have gone
                  different ways for now they will join together again. Until then, here's a
                  "CHEERS" to Meredith and Moneky for a journey well taken and one not taken
                  for granted!! Soar, Angel Monkey, as you did here on Earth!

                  > Leah and her cats and Angel Alec

                • moonpye
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                    Dear Meredith,

                    My heart goes out to you...
                    Miracle Monkey was and forever will be a miracle kitty to us. Your truest
                    love for each other made the miracles possible.

                    You and Monkey *are and will always be* an inspiration to this group of
                    miracles, faith, hope and undying love.

                    I too, as Leah purposed a celebration, (after I stop crying)
                    will celebrate Miracle Monkey's miraculous life and the most special love
                    you both shared which will be with you for all eternity...

                    Monkey will always live on in our hearts as Miracle Monkey!!

                    Sending you many, many hugs,

                    Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

                    On 8/30/05, Meredith <connecting@...> wrote:

                    > I'm sorry to have to let you all know that Monkey died this morning. I'm
                    > not really up for writing much more about it, but I will sometime. I'm not
                    > really sure what happened anyway. Am struggling with feelings of blaming
                    > myself, which I'll explain when I share the details sometime.
                    >
                    > Thank you so much for your caring and support-- we all know Monkey lived
                    > way longer than anyone would have dreamed. There were so many reasons for
                    > her "borrowed time" (especially her own reasons), but one main reason has
                    > been this group! How many times have we saved her life together??? I truly
                    > can never really thank you...
                    >
                    > I know I am sporadic a lot of the time about getting on-line, which may be
                    > worse during this time of mourning. Some of you have my phone number,
                    > because I have given it to you privately, so I guess I'm asking if it's not
                    > too much trouble, that if someone writes in with something I should respond
                    > to, especially re: thrombosis, chyle, and balancing CHF with CRF......would
                    > one of you who has my number consider calling me to let me know so I can get
                    > on-line and reply? Thanks and sorry to be such a pain!
                    >
                    > My love to you.....
                    >
                    > Meredith without Monkey

                  • Lisa Clarizia
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                      I also wrote to Meredith separately, but I wanted to say this to everyone

                      I told Meredith that while this is a fight none of us will win, our best
                      metric for 'success' with our heart kitties is in their quality of life. By
                      that standard, Meredith and Monkey are shining stars.

                      And for that reason, I believe Monkey's Miracle continues, in the comfort
                      her story gives to every person on this list now and those who will come
                      after. To those people, posting in the middle of the night having just
                      found this list during a frantic internet search after learning their
                      beloved companion has this awful disease, stories like Monkey's provide what
                      is needed most during these dark moments -- hope. Hope that they are not
                      likely to find among veterinary medicine or all too often, family and
                      friends, no matter how well-intentioned. Hope that all is not lost, hope
                      that it is possible to provide a beloved friend with treatment and comfort,
                      hope that there will be more time to love and be loved. Hope that it is
                      possible, against all odds, to make a real difference.

                      This is Monkey's real miracle.

                      Monkey's work on this plane of existence is done now, and she's at the
                      Bridge where she was greeted as a hero by all the list kitties who went
                      there before her. She's running and playing in perfect health and happiness
                      with her new friends, my Baby Boy among them. Bless you, little Monkey.

                      Lisa

                    • Janie
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                        Leah how wonderful put. Im sorry about Monkey and I have lost so many
                        to this and fought and have had guilt feelings. Believe me you did
                        everything in your power. My Sockster and my others are there to meet
                        Monkey and shes running and playing like she hasnt in sometime. Close
                        your eyes and see her run what a sight play tell she wants to stop not
                        because shes sick. Your a good Mom. Thinking of you Janie and guys.
                      • Vickie
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 1, 2006
                          Dear Meredith & Angel Monkey

                          I've said this before and I'll say again.

                          It was you and Monkey, that help take some of this awful fear away that
                          comes w/finding
                          out your pet has CHF.

                          It was you that helped me understand about clots, which scared me the most.
                          I thought it
                          was the end if a clot was released. But with your edu. I know not to make a
                          wrong or sudden
                          choice to let Baby go just because some uneducated ER VET says so.

                          We've learned a lot from Monkey. We've learned that there is a great deal
                          of hope.

                          Vickie and Baby (CHF w/RCM post DX 18 1/2 mo)

                          In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
                          Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!