Re: [FH] Just Found Out!

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hi,

      It's always such a shock to find out that our babies are sick. It makes us
      feel so helpless - especially when you don't have support from friends and
      family. Here, our cats are often worth more than our relatives!

      What are they doing to identify the problem? Have you thought about taking
      Gretchen to see a cardiologist? (When I first joined this group, I didn't
      even know there were veterinary cardiologists). If there's not one in your
      area, then a board-certified internist will often have experience with heart
      disease. You can ask your regular vet for a referral or look for one here -
      http://www.acvim.org/index.aspx?id=86

      It is easier to make suggestions when we know what the exact problem is.
      Obviously that will take a couple days with additional testing.

      What were her symptoms that made you decide to take her in?

      Don't blame yourself for not noticing - cats are notoriously good at hiding
      the fact that they are sick. It's good that you noticed it when she was
      just a bit off (from the sound of your note).

      Try to keep calm as cats mirror your own emotions so if you're stressed, it
      may add to her stress level. Of course, that's much easier said than done.

      Be sure to take care of yourself too. I take holy basil & rhodiola when I'm
      stressed. They're available at most health food stores.

      Please post back with more information. This is a great group!

      Sue