Just Found Out!

  • chetcharica
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2006
      I just found out today that my best friend, Gretchen, has a heart
      murmur, anemia, and an infection that they have not yet identified. I
      don't know how to react to it. When I took her to the vet this
      morning in what I thought was just something minor and maybe a little
      bit of depression, they ran blood tests and found out all of this
      other stuff. I am so overwhelmed right now. Nobody close to me ever
      listens to me. I am hopeful that you all will have a little bit more
      compassion and sympathy than people around me that I thought would
      want to listen to me. I call her my "little black beauty." She is my
      truest friend and will always be that way no matter what happens to
      her. My deepest sympathy for all of you that are going through the
      same situation because I know how much of a punch in the gut it was to
      me.
    • Leah Ferron
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2006
        Hello,

        I am sorry that I don't know your name but welcome to our group. We are glad to have you and Gretchen. I am sorry to hear about Gretchen's problems. I am hoping that the anemia and infection can quickly be resolved. Did your vet say anything about doing more testing for the heart murmur? Did he say anything about an echocardiogram? Murmurs can sometimes mean problems and sometimes not so much. Did they grade the murmur? The best and only way to find out if Gretchen has a major heart problem is by doing an echocardiogram by a vet cardiologist or internal med. You will want to ask your vet about this.

        As far as compassion, we have all the compassion in the world for pet lovers and their pets. We all know that they are more than just pets but they are our family! We also understand about the pain you feel when your kitty isn't doing well. Feel free to ask us any question you may have. We are hear for you two!

        Leah and her cats and Angel Alec