Re: [FH] Dilated cardiomyopathy- Kimberly's project

  • Ruthie
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
      Even though an ultrasound s fairly costly, from $250 to around $500, it is
      your best way to go to determine what is causing the DCM. There are some
      DCM's that can be treated, unfortunately a VSD cannot, and the only way to
      know is through ultrasound.

      Butters is currently on:
      Lasix 1/4 of a 12.5 mg tab twice daily
      Spiro 2 mcg(? not sure of the unit) twice a day
      Enalapril .5 mg twice daily
      Potassium (Tumil-K 1/4 inch strip once a day
      VetriScience CardioStrength 1 capsule per day
      Coenzyme Q10 1 30 mg capsule per day
      Omega Complex 3, 6, 9 1200nit capsule 1 per day

      And lucky butters gets all these in a tablespoon of unsalted butter...boy
      does that make her happy...and one more reason for me to call her
      ButterButt, grin.

      The dosage of the supplements is not changed due to her weight (4.5 pounds
      is pushing it) but the enalapril, lasix, and spiro, and i think perhaps the
      potassium, are reduced because of her weight.

      hth.

      Ruthie and the Pumpkin Patch.

      Automobile - A mechanical device that runs up hills and down people.

      Visit www.ruthieville.com today for your daily dose of me.