Re: [FH] question about meds..

  • Leah Ferron
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2006
      Betty,

      An hour or two will not matter too much with the lasix or heart meds. However, if it is going to be longer than that, I would suggest giving it as close to the regular time as possible. Lasix works for 6 hours in the body once given. So I wouldn't give the lasix less than 6 hours apart. I wouldn't suggest skipping doses either! If possible, I would suggest getting someone to help give the meds, if you can. I understand that scheduled medicine times makes life hard sometimes that is why I used a competent pet-sitter when I needed to be elsewhere during these times. I was lucky enough to have a person like this to help so I hope you can find someone too.

      Leah and her cats and Angel Alec