Re: [FH] Choobs - Update 2

  • protectanimals
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 7, 2006
      Melissa,

      When you wrote that the vet confirmed proper circulation, something
      clicked inside me. Is your vet sure that Choobs didn't have a clot
      recently? When Monkey had her thrombosis, when the circulation was
      RETURNING, we went through a period where the leg would swell and then
      subside and then swell again and subside again. It wasn't cold at that
      time because the circulation was returning. My vet referred to what
      was happening as "venous return," something along the lines of the
      veins couldn't handle the renewed blood flow in terms of quantity
      (couldn't take it away fast enough, so the limb was swelling up). I
      think it happened a couple times and was done within a week. Of
      course, I have no idea if the same thing is happening with Choobs, but
      it might be worth checking with your vet.

      Thanks for the update, hoping for more.....

      Meredith with Monkey, a feline-heart miracle kitty!

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "noel_94306" <noel_94306@...>