Monkey's Incredible Recheck-- HCM, CRF, CHF, Rutin, Chyle

  • protectanimals
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      Monkey went for a recheck tonight, first time since 7/21 when the
      fluid seemed to have slowed down and her body was forming little
      pockets of scar tissue to contain the fluid. I have been concerned
      about weight gain recently, fearing the fluid was returning, and
      dreading it, cause they had told me last time that with the little
      pockets of fluid, it wouldn't really be possible to chest tap again.

      Tonight my vet said she heard NO heart murmur, NO arythmia, the
      ultrasound revealed that there is NO more fluid forming, in fact the
      little pockets of fluid have been absorbed! There is just plain NO
      FLUID!!!! Her left atrium is still huge, but the vet thinks it's
      possible that the fibrous tissue is actually serving a positive
      function of keeping the left atrium from being able to get larger!

      My vet was crying tears of joy, and I was too much shock to cry. I
      didn't ever dream, after all those chest taps of chyle that no fluid
      whatsoever would be evident.

      My current vet's "orders" are to CHANGE NOTHING!

      I consider this a group of Miracle Makers. Thanks again to everyone
      who encouraged me to try the Rutin for the chyle. And who has
      supported me through the clots and the chest taps and the diarrhea.
      And the kidney disease and subq fluids...

      I've had about 5 weeks of almost normal life and was fearing that it
      was coming to an end when I thought the fluid was starting again.
      Now I see that things have gotten even better!

      Meredith with Monkey the little Miracle Kitty
    • protectanimals
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
        I forgot to say that even without subq fluids, the vet also said
        Monkey's hydration level tonight was good!!! Kind of as Rosemary
        recommended, Monkey is getting her fluids by mouth. But since I cannot
        syringe liquid into her (she hates that), my vet and I decided a few
        weeks ago on my just adding a little more water to each meal than I was
        already adding. And Monkey is taking it in. And it's working....

        So this weight gain I was worried about was merely from eating a
        lot!!!!!!

        Meredith with Monkey a Miracle feline-heart kitty

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "protectanimals" <connecting@...>
        wrote:
        ..

        > Tonight my vet said she heard NO heart murmur, NO arythmia, the
        > ultrasound revealed that there is NO more fluid forming, in fact the
        > little pockets of fluid have been absorbed! There is just plain NO
        > FLUID!!!!
      • moonpye
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2006
          Hi Meredith and Monkey,

          Way to go Meredith and Miracle Monkey!!!! You both are an inspiration!!!!

          Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar