Re: [FH] Pepper - Good news again!

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
      Leah,

      Pepper was very upset by having all that fur shaved off. But she knows
      she's beautiful regardless and she's very forgiving. She's more back to
      herself now but is walking funny. I'd guess that she's very sore from them
      trying to find a vein. I gave blood once and they hit a nerve or something
      and it was incredibly painful.

      Sue

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
        Candace,

        I am watching her closely. Her routine is coming back to normal so whatever episode she had seems to have passed. At least I know a few things that were potential concerns are really ok.

        I asked my vet about a cysto and she said that Pepper was too upset and we could do it another time if it seemed like it was needed. Since her bloodwork is all normal then I can't see why they would have to do it.

        Poor Pepper peed on the towels while she was there and I offered to let them wring it out for a test (lol). They declined.

        Pepper is always beautiful to me in body & soul!

        Sue

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2006
          Hurray for Pepper and Sue!! What a great result, and a nice relief, I
          am sure. There must be some reason for the change in routine, but
          maybe we'll just never know the answer to the question. I know I get
          uneasy when Monkey's appetite drops, cause last time it did it was
          indication of the fluid building up, but now I have to remind myself
          that some days I, too, just don't eat as much! Not that I'm not paying
          attention, but I do need to remind myself to allow for some variation,
          since she's a kitty, not a machine!

          I am very proud of you and Pepper....

          Meredith with Monkey, another Miracle Kitty

          --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Sue at MAGDRL <susan@...> wrote:
          .> Pepper didn't have a good day there but the results of the test were
          excellent!
          > I spoke with both my regular vet and the cardiologist today. We were
          trying to determine why Pepper may have suddenly changed her routine.
          The cardiologist said that if she seems "off" and I feel there's still
          a concern, then we should do an ultrasound of her abdomen. But her
          appetite is very good and I don't see anything wrong - just a bit of a
          difference.

          > Since she's negative for kidney disease, diabetes and hyper-T, I'm
          not sure what else to look for and may have just over-reacted. Maybe
          she's just drinking more at night instead of during the day. Does
          anyone have any ideas or am I just looking for trouble?

          .going. Hooray for Pepper for showing them all!
          .