Re: Sabrina heart problem

  • brunobaby
    Message 1 of 11 , May 13, 2001
      Lynna:

      Welcome, Lynna.

      As far as prognosis, our Pongo was diagnosed at age 15 in July of 1999 with
      "significant left-ventricular Cardiomyopathy." The left-ventricular one is
      the more dangerous one.

      He was given a prognosis of three to six months. He lived another 20
      months, and enjoyed a great quality of life until the last week of it.

      His twin sister, Phoebe, was diagnosed in February with "mild
      right-ventricular enlargement." It was classified a "condition" rather than
      a disease, and she doesn't have to get another echocardiagram until next
      February. The vets are pretty confident she'll be around then.

      --Melinda, Jim, Phoebe, Pongo (RB)
    • Lynna
      Message 2 of 11 , May 13, 2001
        Gail,
        bless you. Thank you. This is a nice Mother's Day gift for me. I am
        printing out your insight and will share it with Jeffrey (hubbie and
        father to Sabrina) Thank you so much for your information!
        Lynna

        [www.debticated.com]

      • ne woods
        Message 3 of 11 , May 13, 2001
          The person with most experience with stomach effusion is former member
          Julie,,perhaps someone still has her email address- for Lynna?

> [...]
          > > CRF group as Sabrina's brother Phillip just died of CRF in February.
          > > He lived SIX years after his initial diagnosis with CRF. So I want
          > > to know if they are scaring the hell out of me with good reason or
          > > if Sabrina might not be fine on medicine and live out the rest of
          > > her life fine for say another five years?
          >
          > I'm so sorry to hear about Phillip. So you know all about kidney
          > problems, then. Gosh, I can't imagine how hard it must be to have just
          > lost one of your babies then have another be diagnosed. My heart goes
          > out to you & your husband.
          >
          > > I know this is long, thank you so much for any insight anyone can
          > > give us. My husband and I are frantic this weekend to try and stop
          > > crying and find some information.
          > >
          > > Lynna
          >
          > Again--hope some of this helps until you can get more information from

        • Lynna
          Message 4 of 11 , May 17, 2001
            Dear Gail,
            You and Malcom were a great help to us. I had so much trouble this
            weekend concentrating and taking things in. When I received your post
            I printed it out and have referred to it several times in the last
            few days. Thank you so much for you plain English information and the
            tip about vetinfo.com You know when you are under stess like I was, I
            forget where to even go for information and these forums are so
            wonderful for those that aren't under stress at the moment to help
            those that are. Your help and response has helped us immeasurably.
            Thank you VERY much.
            Lynna

          • gea@alumni.duke.edu
            Message 5 of 11 , May 17, 2001
              Lynna,

              Malcolm says he's very glad he could be of help and by the way do you
              happen to have any extra tuna on the counter? Glad it was useful. :)

              Gail & Malcolm