Pharo scared me again last night...

  • pharosmommy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2006
      Pharo, my HCM kitty has been acting like a normal 2 1/2 year old
      kitten for the past week, but last night when I went to check his
      breathing it was REALLY fast. Even when he was sleeping it was around
      66 breaths per minute. We gave him his 3rd dose of Lasix at 11:30pm
      and after an hour it went down to 60. Should I be really alarmed at
      this? At the emergency last weekend they told me to give him the
      Lasix 3 times a day for 5 days, then go to 2. Today is the day he
      gets only 2...I am worried. Do you guys think I should keep doing 3
      times a day since he has labored breathing?? He also threw up this
      morning. At the beginning of the week his breathing was around 49
      breaths per minute. Last night it was really uneven and fast, but his
      gums looked good...not blue. I am really scared that I am going to
      have another emergency this weekend. What do you think I should do???
      Love,
      Andrea & Pharo