Re: [FH] Blaze update - input appreciated!

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
      Shirley,

      If a CBC was done two weeks ago, I can't see the need to do it again so
      soon. Did you ask her which specific tests she needs in the CBC that aren't
      included in the mini?

      I just had blood drawn yesterday for a CBC for Pepper. The last one was
      done 3 months ago and she seems to be having issues so it seems necessary
      for her.

      Norvasc is a calcium-channel blocker. Enalapril is an ace-inhibitor. They
      both do the same thing (more or less) in controlling blood pressure.
      Enalapril is NOT a diuretic. If she thinks it is, then I would be very
      worried.

      Pepper used to be on atenolol (a beta-blocker) along with the enalapril.
      She had a reaction to the atenolol so they discontinued it and she's doing
      fine. So it may be ok for Blaze to discontinue one but lowering the other
      one seems to be a big change all at once - especially if her heart rate is
      already "too high". I'd sure want to have her blood pressure checked within
      a week.

      The amount of lasix Blaze is on is miniscule. Pepper gets 60 mg daily (20mg
      TID) although she weighs almost 14 pounds.

      I never heard anything about giving natto on an empty stomach. I looked it
      up on the Nutricology web site and they say "with or without food". Since
      they manufacture the product, they should know.
      http://organicpharmacy.org/products/Nattozyme/SKU:55370-nutri

      Do you have a cardiologist or internist in your area? Even though they're
      probably more expensive, you would save in the long run with better
      experience and treatment.
      http://www.acvim.org/index.aspx?id=86

      Sue