Re: Maggie and I are also new here

  • db4catz
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 29, 2006
      Thanks everyone! I feel better now that I've gotten your imput. Some of
      you have asked
      questions, so here are some answers.

      About the CRF, Maggie hasn't needed subq's for over 6 years. Maggie
      needed fluids for a
      while when she was dx's 7 years ago, but feeding her low phosphorus
      food has kept her
      stable with numbers just above normal. Her diabetes is also under
      control. When I tested her
      Saturday her bg was 111.

      She is getting 7.5 mg of dilitzan (spelling??) via trans dermal cream
      once a day. She get's a
      baby asprin twice a week. No supplements at this time - she is the
      devil to pill.

      My vet is a county vet who handles large and small animals and doesn't
      have all the
      expensive equipment, so the echo was done by a consulting vet and sent
      to a cardiologist to
      be read. They all agreed with my vets diagnosis (done by heart rate and
      gallop rhythm).

      I'm a little nervous because my husband and I are going away for a few
      days and a neighbor
      will be taking care of Maggie. The neighbor is good, but I'm still a
      little worried. I'll check
      back here sometime this weekend. Thanks again for all the information
      and concern.

      Debby and Maggie