Re: OT: To Our Kitties & A Little About Buttons

  • Catherine Browning
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2006
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "illuminatedlady"
      <Writenpamper@...> wrote:

      > Candance,
      >
      > Thanks for posting these. I believe these poems were originally
      > written in regards to adoption, which, after all, is what we've
      all
      > done with all of our kitties. Adopted them into our families and
      our
      > hearts.
      >
      > We lost our cat Buttons 2 weeks ago tomorrow and it's still
      tough.
      > We still have his sister, Patches, and our beagle Cocoa, whom we
      love
      > very much as well.

      [...]

      I just HAD to respond to this one! Usually I just lurk because
      *touch wood* my four little furbabies are still fine.

      But it's just such a co-incidence -- there used to be FIVE
      furbabies -- a mother (healthy) and her four HCM babies -- Buttons,
      Patch, Claude and Tuppenny.

      Buttons was also the first to pass, unexpectedly on December 19th
      last year. I list their names in birth order, but this is also the
      order of severity of disease. Buttons was the weakest, and patch is
      now the most severe -- though he doesn't know that, and I have to
      watch him when he's outside to stop him from climbing trees!

      Anyway, that's beside the point. It's just funny to see another
      person with a "Buttons" and a "Patch" (or "Patches") in the family.
      The difference is that in my family, Buttons was the girl and
      Patches is the boy!

      Hello from Down Under,

      Catherine from Melbourne
    • moonpye
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2006
        Hi Debbie,

        I know this is such a sad time for you. Buttons' spirit and the loved you
        shared will always be with you. Please do post his story to the group when
        ever you can. Even though I already emailed you, I wanted you to know that
        we are here for you when ever you need us.

        Purrs and hugs to you, Patches and Cocoa