Re: [FH] Sammy & rapid respiration

  • sschonew@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      I counted numerous different times because I couldn't believe his rate
      was so high. He likes to sleep on the computer keyboard tray while I
      read 100+ emails every night! Once in a while he lets me type something.
      This morning he was lying in bed next to me asleep and Louie can and lay
      down on my head. So, I could feel Louie breathing slowly on my head
      while my hand could feel Sammy's side going up and down more than twice
      as fast so I knew it really wasn't my imagination.

      The vet didn't think he needed any cardio meds at this point other than
      getting the fluids out of his lungs so he has space for air. His heart
      sounded "boring" and there was no enlargement. He does have a sore ear
      which she will laser when I get back from my vacation in a couple of
      weeks. It looks like a little growth on it and that ear produces lots of
      gross dark wax.

      Susan