Re: [FH] Sammy & rapid respiration

  • Leah Ferron
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 5:48 PM
      Susan,

      Good for you for being on top of things with Sammy. That was a high number for him. Just be sure to count when Sammy is at rest, preferably sleeping, but not purring or dreaming, as this will increase the count as well.

      Leah and her cats and Angel Alec
      ,___

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 6:55 PM
        I counted numerous different times because I couldn't believe his rate
        was so high. He likes to sleep on the computer keyboard tray while I
        read 100+ emails every night! Once in a while he lets me type something.
        This morning he was lying in bed next to me asleep and Louie can and lay
        down on my head. So, I could feel Louie breathing slowly on my head
        while my hand could feel Sammy's side going up and down more than twice
        as fast so I knew it really wasn't my imagination.

        The vet didn't think he needed any cardio meds at this point other than
        getting the fluids out of his lungs so he has space for air. His heart
        sounded "boring" and there was no enlargement. He does have a sore ear
        which she will laser when I get back from my vacation in a couple of
        weeks. It looks like a little growth on it and that ear produces lots of
        gross dark wax.

        Susan