Re: [FH] Sprite

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
      Peggy,

      Welcome back to the group. Sorry to hear that Sprite has problems. I can't
      answer your medical questions but I can comment on a couple things.

      As for dosage - I don't know specifically about Plavix but for comparison,
      my cat gets 60mg lasix daily compared to my friend who gets 5mg. Cats &
      people aren't always comparable.

      A lot of people on the Feline Asthma & Bronchitis group buy medications from
      Canada. Often the prices are less. There are complications due to laws
      governing cross-border sales of prescription drugs. I did hear that they
      just lifted the ban, but then there's still the issue of the Canadian postal
      system. Someone on this group mailed me something from Canada on 7/15 and
      it still hasn't arrived.

      While the restriction was on, you could order from Canada, but the product
      was often shipped from elsewhere. One person talked about getting a
      prescription filled in a Canadian pharmacy that was shipped from New
      Zealand.

      Anyway, here are some Canadian pharmacies that people have personally
      recommended. (I have not had the need to purchase medications from them
      since Pepper uses the same medication I do for asthma and my prescription
      plan is very good.)

      www.mapleleafmeds.com

      (West Vancouver, British Columbia)
      Tel (800) 794-8552

      FAX (866) 889-5010

      www.petpharm.org

      (Toronto, Ontario)
      Tel (888) 423-9444

      FAX (888) 423-7860

      www.rx-canada.com

      (Universal Drugstore, Winnipeg, Manitoba)
      Tel (866) 456-2456

      FAX (866) 783-4223

      www.smartchoicepharmacy.com

      (Calgary, Alberta, formerly halfoffmeds.com)
      Tel (866) 585-6337

      FAX (866) 872-2299

      www.thecandiandrugstore.com

      www.tcds.com

      (Toronto, Ontario)
      Tel (888)372-2252

      Fax (888)575-5506

      My Pepper was over 18 pounds when she was first diagnosed. By getting her
      off of dry food and switching to a good-quality canned food, she lost 2-1/2
      pounds. I did not restrict the amount of food she was eating. Grains -
      especially corn & wheat - contribute to weight gain and various medical
      problems. Do a search in the message archives for "OldMotherHubbard" and
      you will find a list of recommended foods.

      Sue

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2006
        Peg,

        Welcome back to you and welcome to Sprite. I am sorry to hear of his diagnosis. Having been through this before, I am sure it was hard for you to find this out.

        I don't have any experience with Plavix but I am glad to hear your cardiologist is prescribing it. Many do not. I do have experience with the Nattokinasse. My Angel Alec used it for his RCM because he was at a greater risk for clots with the RCM. He never got a clot while he was on it and he had a terrible heart. I recommend it. I gave one 50mg pill a day. I paid about $35 for 60 pills. A little expensive but Alec was worth it. I would probably give this in addition to the Plavix. Ask your cardio if they have any problems with it, if you want. It is a very small pill too for pilling or hiding in a treat.

        I hope this helps! Bless your heart for helping so many kitties too!

        Leah and her cats and Angel Alec