RE: [feline-heart] Harry took a bad turn

  • Mike & Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 17 , May 6, 2001
      sounds like my husbnad...even if he doesn't leap onto counters...

      Message 2 of 17 , May 7, 2001
        anyes@... writes:

        > The fluids put pressure on the heart and
        > lungs when you put your hand against your kitty's chest. If he squeaks,
        > protests in any way, I think he has fluids in the chest cavity

        But the symptoms occurred Saturday and he was fine on Wednesday when he had a
        complete checkup with the vet. Can it happen that fast (the fluid buildup?).
        I thought it was more gradual. He is fina again today. Do the fluids reduce
        themselves?

      • Anyes Moscrip
        Message 3 of 17 , May 7, 2001
          Begete@... wrote:

          > But the symptoms occurred Saturday and he was fine on Wednesday when he had a
          > complete checkup with the vet. Can it happen that fast (the fluid buildup?).
          > I thought it was more gradual. He is fina again today. Do the fluids reduce
          > themselves?

          Fluids can build up in a matter of hours. Certainly from Wednesday to Saturday
          is more than long enough to happen. Fluids will also get reabsorbed provided
          that whatever caused the problem, such as giving fluids for example or stress, is
          stopped.

          I hope that helps,
          Anyes, Angelica, angels Lucie and Georgina
        • Mike & Linda Irrgang
          Message 4 of 17 , May 12, 2001
            i am sorry to hear about harry....i hope that all will be better soon...we
            will keep you and harry in our thoughts and prayers...

            white lites,
            linda and the boys