RE: [feline-heart] Harry took a bad turn

  • Mike & Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 17 , May 6, 2001
      do you have any plants in the house////something he could have chewed/eaten,
      etcx...????what kind of houseplants do you have???

      Message 2 of 17 , May 6, 2001
        sounds like my husbnad...even if he doesn't leap onto counters...

        Message 3 of 17 , May 7, 2001
          anyes@... writes:

          > The fluids put pressure on the heart and
          > lungs when you put your hand against your kitty's chest. If he squeaks,
          > protests in any way, I think he has fluids in the chest cavity

          But the symptoms occurred Saturday and he was fine on Wednesday when he had a
          complete checkup with the vet. Can it happen that fast (the fluid buildup?).
          I thought it was more gradual. He is fina again today. Do the fluids reduce
          themselves?

        • Anyes Moscrip
          Message 4 of 17 , May 7, 2001
            Begete@... wrote:

            > But the symptoms occurred Saturday and he was fine on Wednesday when he had a
            > complete checkup with the vet. Can it happen that fast (the fluid buildup?).
            > I thought it was more gradual. He is fina again today. Do the fluids reduce
            > themselves?

            Fluids can build up in a matter of hours. Certainly from Wednesday to Saturday
            is more than long enough to happen. Fluids will also get reabsorbed provided
            that whatever caused the problem, such as giving fluids for example or stress, is
            stopped.

            I hope that helps,
            Anyes, Angelica, angels Lucie and Georgina
          • Mike & Linda Irrgang
            Message 5 of 17 , May 12, 2001
              i am sorry to hear about harry....i hope that all will be better soon...we
              will keep you and harry in our thoughts and prayers...

              white lites,
              linda and the boys