Re: [feline-heart] Vet visit frequency?

  • masaidit
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5 11:35 AM
      Hi Helen,

      IMHO, if Harpsie is doing well and gets stressed going to the vet, I too would wait on the ultra sound. Why stress him?

      At the clinic where I take Light they do recommend re-checks every 8 weeks or so but I didn't follow that protocol, Light had her first ultra sound done in Jan 2000, a re-check in something like 8 weeks then I think 2 others the last being done last month b/c of problems. Personally, I felt it was counter productive to stress her heart by bringing her back and forth for the test. During that time she did visit her regular vet for blood work so I had them *look and listen* and they agreed.

      Hope this helps a bit
      Sharon