RE: [feline-heart] Vet visit frequency?

  • Polis, Karen [CNTUS]
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2001
      After what happened to Ocean, my advice to you is to not bring him in. Leave
      well-enough alone. Of course, there's regret either way. I should have had
      him checked out. I should have let him stay home... the guilt goes in both
      directions. You must do what you can live with.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2001
        i would keep him home....it sounds like just taking him in will cause him a
        significant downgrade in his condition just due to the amt of stress it
        involves for him.....call your vet and do a telephone consult and tell her
        how you feel and why and taht way you'll have gotten her input....

        linda and the boys

        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2001
          Hi Helen,

          IMHO, if Harpsie is doing well and gets stressed going to the vet, I too would wait on the ultra sound. Why stress him?

          At the clinic where I take Light they do recommend re-checks every 8 weeks or so but I didn't follow that protocol, Light had her first ultra sound done in Jan 2000, a re-check in something like 8 weeks then I think 2 others the last being done last month b/c of problems. Personally, I felt it was counter productive to stress her heart by bringing her back and forth for the test. During that time she did visit her regular vet for blood work so I had them *look and listen* and they agreed.

          Hope this helps a bit
          Sharon