Re: First Kidney Check

  • gea@alumni.duke.edu
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2001
      Thanks, I know I'll find someone. It's not that tough a job! I've been
      notoriously picky about kitty sitters (it's got to be someone
      responsible who won't let him bolt out the door, who won't forget to
      come, someone who likes cats or at least animals, who will maybe pay
      him some attention...), and I guess I'll either have to get less picky
      or just start paying. The friend I've been trading kitty-sitting with
      is camping this weekend and also won't accept money... I'll do some
      more asking around in the next day or so. He's my *baby*, though. I
      know you all know about that!

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "Mike & Linda Irrgang" <irrgang@a...> wrote:
      > hi gail,
      >
      > yes, travel can be a problem...don't you have any folks around duke
      > who would be interested in making a little extra money??? we finally
      > found a great girl at my husband's office and she helps us babysit
      > the great pumpkin.....keep checking around and that "just right"
      > person will turn up when you least expect it!
      >
      > good luck with mighty malcolm....it sounds like he's lucky to have
      > such a great mom!

      Thank you. My fiance says in his next life he'd like to come back as
      my cat. :)

      > linda and the boys

      Hello to you 'n' yours,

      Gail & The Malcster
    • Cynthia Rausch
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2, 2001
        gea@... wrote:
        I'll either have to get less picky or just start paying. The friend I've
        been trading kitty-sitting with is camping this weekend and also
        won't accept money... I'll do some more asking around in the next
        day or so. He's my *baby*, though. I know you all know about that!

        Hi There,

        I don't think your being picky at all, you have not know that who ever
        is going to look after your sweet kitty, is going to do exactly what you
        want.

        Purrs,

        Cynthia, Taffy, Samuel
        Calgary, Canada
      • diane
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2001
          You must be one of those people who always say as someone walks in
          the house "make sure that door is SHUT!"

          I'm the same way. I've been lucky in the past as my neighbors also
          don't let their cat out (and he does try)so they are used to it.
          Also all of mine were good about not going near the door, but now
          Kali (youngest) has no fear and almost got out on me last week.
          :( Her claws were stuck on the screen and I opened the door to release
          her, she got down and sauntered out on the deck. Got about 1' away
          and after my shock wore off she was dumped back inside. I hope she'll
          grow out of it, for now we stomp at her when we are using the doors.
          Guess I'll have to keep the inside door closed if having someone
          watch them.

          Diane

        • gea@alumni.duke.edu
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2001
            --- In feline-heart@y..., diane <diane@m...> wrote:
            > You must be one of those people who always say as someone walks in
            > the house "make sure that door is SHUT!"

            Diane--how did you know???!

            Malcolm was as stray and deathly ill with Feline Herpes at about 3
            mos. when I adopted him. Apparently, if he got out he could pass it
            on, etc. But I am pretty tuned into when the door is open (which it
            isn't for long!) When he does sneak out, though, he usually just
            sniffs the grass then we pick him up. I just don't know if he'd let
            someone he didn't know as well do that.

            Gail (Malcolm's overprotective mom)

            > I'm the same way. I've been lucky in the past as my neighbors also
            > don't let their cat out (and he does try)so they are used to it.
            > Also all of mine were good about not going near the door, but now
            > Kali (youngest) has no fear and almost got out on me last week.
            > :( Her claws were stuck on the screen and I opened the door to
            release
            > her, she got down and sauntered out on the deck. Got about 1' away
            > and after my shock wore off she was dumped back inside. I hope
            she'll
            > grow out of it, for now we stomp at her when we are using the doors.
            > Guess I'll have to keep the inside door closed if having someone
            > watch them.
            >

            > Diane

          • diane
            Message 5 of 8 , May 2, 2001
              >--- In feline-heart@y..., diane <diane@m...> wrote:
              >> You must be one of those people who always say as someone walks in
              >> the house "make sure that door is SHUT!"
              >
              >Diane--how did you know???!

              Just a hunch from an overprotective cat mom who yells that multiple
              times a week when someone happens to come over! (probably why we
              don't get many visitors) :)

              Don't you hate when people go to leave and then stop to talk half way
              out and keep the door open?

              "In or out, I don't care, but close the damn door!"

              I'm lucky that Tim is as much against letting them out as I am, but i
              am by far the one that yells more about it. I don't care if the
              screen door slams, as long as it closes *quickly*

              Diane
            • Mike & Linda Irrgang
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2001
                wwe always have kitty round up before leaving the house to make sure that
                all are in the proper location inside and that no one leaves as we or
                someone else exits....my husband (or son is the one who started it) go
                around whooping for kitties to get away from the door....it's just
                crazy.....the boys love it....when we come home and have to enter the house
                mike does camel commands to get the boys to move away from the open
                doors.....geez....what a housefull of nuts we are!