Strawberry: throwing up

  • nala_zq
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
      Hi "strawberry"-

      You might look around a little bit - there is a lot of discussion here about
      atenolol causing nausea. Most people give their kitties pepcidAC or slippery elm
      bark. There was a good discussion of this subject last week.

      I think it is also important to note whether kitty is throwing up (stinky vomit) or is
      regurgitating food - whole pieces of cat food coming back up slightly swollen, or
      whether it is just clear spit or frothy spit. If you have any doubts, talk to your vet.

      My kitty takes her atenolol at 7:30 am and 7:30 pm. I try to give it to
      her after she eats, but sometimes that doesn't work out. When it doesn't work
      out, she tends to get nauseous - she smacks her lips a lot - and she spits up about a
      silver-dollar sized spot of saliva.

      It is important that your kitty eats. If he/she doesn't he/she is at risk
      for fatty liver disease.

      Nala, Camille and Cozette

      ---