Everything Happens for a Reason

  • Bab006@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 7:24 PM
      I really understand this statement today GOD was there and he has a plan and
      no matter what "Everything Happens for a Reason". My cat (Ellie not Sim my
      heart kitty) was attacked by 2 pit bulls today while asleep on my front
      porch. I won't go into every little detail. But through a series of strange
      events ... not getting paid for 9 weeks now, going to the bank at that time since
      my sister had to loan me $1000 since I didn't get my paycheck when I was
      supposed to, getting clothes out of the dryer, me having to go to the bathroom
      at just that time, my dad coming home right then... I was able to save Ellie
      and Sim was not in her place which would have been certain death for him. It
      was very bad but nothing life threatening the emergency vet thinks. She was
      in shock and has several puncture holes, broken ribs, a dislocated elbow and
      severe bruising. But thank God things happened the way they did because on a
      normal day Sim would have been asleep in that spot. I was getting laundry
      out of the dryer (because my other cat Taylor puked on my sheets) when I got
      back from the bank when Sim walked by and he loves to lay on warm laundry so
      he followed me and laid in the laundry when I went outside instead of
      following me out like he usually does to sleep on the porch. Not that I am pleased
      that Ellie got attacked but Sim with his heart condition would have never
      survived. Ellie is young and strong. These dogs appeared out of no where and
      were on her before she could even move. I was outside by the pool about 400
      yards away and getting up to go to the bathroom and saw something white being
      thrown in the air on my porch. My dad just left his golf cart right there in
      the perfect spot so I was able to get to her as quickly as it started. She
      lost all of her claws. They are laying all over the porch and in the wooden
      railing as she was trying to escape. I know cats being outside is dangerous
      but I live very far out in the woods and my dogs never let anything on the
      property. But they were with me away from the house. The pit bulls had
      collars on so they must belong to someone but we have never seen them before. The
      vet said that if a dog will attack a small animal like this then they will
      attack a child. I don't know what to do, how to find them, etc. I am
      petrified to go outside myself at this point, much less let anyone else out. I have
      6 cats and 2 dogs and they are driving me crazy wanting out, but I am so
      afraid. Please say a prayer for Ellie tonight and Everything Happens for a
      Reason even if we don't understand at the time
      Bridget.

      _eBay Store - 0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0: Book Nook, Vintage, What's
      Cooking_
      (http://stores.ebay.com/0-BridgetsVintageUniqueFinds-0_W0QQsspagenameZMEQ3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm)

    • taloah2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3 9:56 AM
        I am glad things worked out well for you but I'll have to
        respectfully disagree. Sometimes sh** just happens. I don't think it
        was in God's plan for a certain child I know of in the foster care
        system for example to be the product of father-daughter rape and
        herself to be raped by a family member before she hit second grade,
        for example. Bad things happen and they are NOT necessarily according
        to plan. Sometimes things come together beautifully and work out
        well...sometimes, they don't. There was no good reason for Dexter and
        Cameron's mama and daddy kitty (themselves brother and sister)to have
        kittens over and over - two litters died shortly after birth,
        Cameron's littermate has a clubfoot, and of course Dexter and Cameron
        were dx'ed so young with HCM. I don't think Dexter died when he did
        accoridng to some special divine purpose. **it just happened.