Re: [FH] Re: Missy's dx

  • Shannon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2006
      From: "Kelley" >

      >I have to say that I was pleased with this vet's compassion. I
      >wasn't so pleased with the answers to my few questions. I asked her
      >about COQ10 and she said it was useful in humans with heart
      >conditions, but not with kitties.

      That's funny because when my mom was in the hospital two weeks ago with
      heart attack #2 I asked her cardiologist if CoQ10 would be beneficial for
      her condition and he said that enzymes like that don't have any effect on
      people. I should add that he made quite a few not so bright comments so I
      don't take what he said very seriously.

      Shannon
      Daisy: Maine Coon mix, 5 years old, diagnosed at age 1-1/2, asymptomatic
      HCM, 6.25 mg atenolol and 10 mg CoQ10 daily