Re: [FH] Is anyone using acupuncture and Chinese herbs for their kitty? Homeopathy?

  • KAPTIVA@WEBTV.NET
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
      Hi Lisa....

      Our Holiday Cat has been getting
      acupuncture for Constipation for
      about 2 years.

      She is 19 next week, has been CRF
      for over 5 years and we struggled
      with constipation remedies for a
      long time.

      This really, really works for her.

      When she comes home, she eats
      like a little pig and her constipation
      in well under control...her overall
      well being is just great. Her CRF
      is well managed and seems to be
      very stable.

      I will caution you on one issue that
      we experienced and will just pass it
      on.

      About 6 months ago, our vet started to combine something called
      "electro" acupuncture with the regular "dry needle" acupuncture.

      After her second mixed session, Holiday
      had a seizure...she was immediately
      given an MRI (we had her at the Neurologist office within a few hours)
      and
      her brain was fine.

      She also had an ultrasound of the heart
      by a cardiologist and that was fine as well.

      Without a physical cause, we think that
      the electro acupuncture may have had
      something to do with it ...we are not
      at all sure about this though.

      She only gets the traditional "dry"
      needle acupuncture now.

      This was about 6 months ago, and she
      has not had another seizure and is fine.

      Acupuncture is one of the best things
      we have done for Holiday.

      Hope this helps,
      Fran
    • taloah2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
        Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I do hope I have
        similar success with Cameron. That is odd about the electro-
        acupuncture. I have had it before, and it felt really, realllllly
        good. If I could just keep those little needles in my head all the
        time, I would be a happy (or at least very relazed woman).

        Lisa

      • savionna@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
          Hi Lisa,

          In a message dated 6/29/06 1:20:54 PM, lisabee@... writes:

          > I want to do for Cameron what I did not do for Dexter (since I thought
          > he was doing so well). His first appointment is next week but I would
          > love to hear tales of success!

          We have used all those modalities...acupuncture, Chinese herb formulas, and
          homeopathy...along with Western plants, nutraceuticals, NAET, Jaffe-Mellor, and
          various other, lesser modalities for nearly 10 yrs. They have been a success
          for us, both in terms of managing health disorders and developing a
          relationship based on respect for the whole cat.

          I hope you have a successful experience, as well. // Rosemary