Re: [FH] Spiro and rutin questions, fluid, Monkey

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      Meredith,

      Pepper gets a total of 25mg of spiro daily. She now weighs about 14-1/4
      lbs.

      I tasted the rutin myself and it's nasty. The taste is very strong but then
      sometimes cats tolerate things that we can't. You're supposed to give 500mg
      daily and that's one of those large pills. But I would try it anyway.
      Maybe if you mix it in something really tasty, it won't be so bad to her.

      Someone else posted on one of my lists that they were doing sub-q fluids
      more often with less at a time and it worked better.

      If she's behaving normally, then I would not consider euthanasia. When the
      time comes, you will know.

      Sue