Re: Missy's dx

  • katy4282003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28 2:13 PM
      try not to let what the vet say rule you. when belle was diagnosed
      with mild HCM in sept 2004 i called and got a copy of the paperwork
      they send my regular vet which is different, technical, straight
      forward. the prognosis was *guarded* due to how hcm can progress. in
      january 2005 it was way better and the cardiolgist actually said he
      was extremely pleased and he was very optomistic. this last one in
      april was again guarded because belle was diagnosed with asthma and
      the heart med she takes can aggrevate asthma (another heart med that
      they tried did not work as well plus it wrecked havoc on her belly
      she lost a pound in like 5weeks and she is slim to begin with).
      belle is doing well. im suppose to take her back to the cardiologist
      in the middle of october but i will take her in september. i worry
      and i cant sleep unless she is next to me and i hover but i try not
      to freak out.
      >^..^<
      katy & belle