Vets/Cardiologists along I-70 between Denver and Kansas City?

  • nala_zq
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2006
      Hi All,

      I will need to travel with my obstructive HCM kitty from Denver to Kansas City (KC).
      My cardiologist thinks that Cozette will be OK, but has a concern that
      travel stress may precipitate CHF. Currently my cat is behaviorally asymptomatic.
      My regular pet sitter will be out of town and so far, and I haven't located another sitter
      with experience pilling a cat. I believe that boarding her would be more stressful
      than the travel. I have read the recent posts from Sharyl along with your helpful replies
      about travel in general.

      I am still considering options, but was wondering if anyone has
      recommendations for vets along I-70 between Denver and KC in
      the event that there is a problem? I have identified a few vets and
      clinics through the internet, but I don't know anything about them.

      In addition, I was wondering if anyone knows of a DVM cardiologist
      in the KC area. I have been told by a number of emergency clinics
      that there is not one!? And if no cardiologist, a vet with experience
      with HCM and CHF? (For example, my vet doesn't know much
      about HCM/CHF - and I am looking for a new vet myself).

      Thanks so much,

      Nala, Camille and Cozette