Re: [FH] OT - CoQ10 accident ideas please

  • savionna@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , May 30, 2006
      Hi Ruthie,

      In a message dated 5/29/06 11:51:08 PM, clark.ruthie@... writes:

      > you guys keep talking about this oil based co q10, ours is
      > a powder...kind of yellowish, in fact, the tablets look identical in color
      > and size to the cardiostrength tabs...is something wrong here or do we just
      > have a different variety?

      You have a diff. variety. Fat helps absorption of Q10, so mfrs make more
      expensive products with an oil and Q10 in a soft gel. But some cats don't like the
      oil or react to it...and it's less expensive to use the powder, as long as
      you feed a fat with it (and most canned products have adequate fat). No one has
      done side-by-side studies of cats with both types of Q10, so we don't know how
      much fat or what the absorption rates might be. But I (my opinion only) think
      the powder is fine, esp if you need to watch the budget (and who doesn't?).
      // Rosemary

    • Ruthie Clark
      Message 2 of 12 , May 30, 2006
        Lol, thanks Rosemary. This one is about $3 for a 30 day supply, and since I give it at the same time with the Omegas, I think she's probably fine with it...am I right? oh yeah, and she gets that with about a tablespoon of food and her other meds and supps.

        Ruthie and the Pumpkin Patch.

        A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do.

        Visit www.ruthieville.com today for your daily dose of me.

        Message 3 of 12 , May 30, 2006
          Hi Ruthie,

          In a message dated 5/30/06 3:55:57 PM, clark.ruthie@... writes:

          > This one is about $3 for a 30 day supply

          We paid about $20-something for 100mg (can't recall how many capsules)...but
          I gave only a small amt of each cap, usually between 30 and 50 mg, so they
          lasted a while. I usually used Jarrow or similar brand (eg Country Life or Source
          Naturals) powder (not softgels).

          > and since I give it at the same time with the Omegas, I think she's
          > probably fine with it...am I right?

          My opinion is that it's ok. I don't know how much fat a cat needs to maximize
          Q10 absorption. // Rosemary