Re: [FH] Re: Blacky died after fight update

  • sschonew@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2006
      Well.... they might notice but who cares. A couple years ago "Christmas"
      was coming to my house and beating on my cats on my front step!!! In
      Lincoln, cats have to wear be licensed and are supposed to wear their
      tags. After tracking down his owners, the grandmother said "do you want
      him?" I said no, I had enough, but I was just trying to find out to
      whom he belonged. My next door neighbor really like Christmas, who I
      dubbed Joe before I found out his name, and her landlord/stepdad said she
      could have a cat. Then, the next week or so my vet was having a
      spay/neuter discount clinic so I made him an appointment. I don't think
      they missed him overnight but he went straight home the day after. I was
      working in my yard when one of the owner kids came by and asked "do you
      know who de-balled our cat and licensed him?" I said I did, and that it
      was a rabies tag, not a license. The kid said "well he's not even our
      cat"!! And I said, "well, your grandma said I could have him." 5
      minutes later he came carrying Christmas. Maggie, next door, gave him a
      home and he became "Snippy Joe Christmas" and later "Chairman Mao Mao".
      He became an indoor cat and lived happily ever after.

      So, if you have the money and the law on your side, snip-snip is my
      recommendation. It won't bring Blacky back, but all the other cats in
      the neighborhood will be better off. If you don't want to do that, then
      the Animal Control or humane society may be your best option because they
      probably won't let your neighbors reclaim him without being neutered. If
      they don't claim him, hopefully he'll be neutered and adopted by someone
      who loves cats enough to care.

      Susan

      On Sat, 27 May 2006 08:12:25 -0700 "vickie" <VickieJunger@...>
      writes:
      Ditto, Sue beat me to it. If its a male cat, there shouldn't be a
      problem you take the cat in and
      doing it yourself. I'm sure they won't notice the cat gone for a day or
      two. I've done it.
      Vickie

      Amanda,

      You will probably never convince your neighbors to neuter their cat.
      Probably the only way it would ever happen is if someone else does it
      without their permission by trapping the cat and bringing him to a
      spay/neuter clinic.

      If someone did want to do that, there are organizations that will do it
      for very reasonable prices. I have some nationwide organizations listed
      on my
      web site at http://www.magdrl-nj.com/links_SpayNeuter.html#Nation

      Sue