Re: [FH] Lilly, new member

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2006
      Moriah,

      As others have mentioned, you are not cursed. It takes a very special
      person to care for ill pets the way you do, and the universe knew what it
      was doing when it directed these cats to your home. Most people are not
      willing or able to deal with this kind of thing.

      You got Lilly the help she needed, and her meds look right for her stage of
      the disease. In addition to meds there are complementary therapies you can
      try, such as supplements. Many of us use/used these with great effect -- I
      recommend coenzyme q10 (60-100 mg per day), taurine and l-carnitine (250 mg
      per day each).

      You can't live by prognosis. My cat, Baby Boy, passed away at the end of
      last November but when he was diagnosed was given a month or two to live.
      His heart was in terrible shape. He lived for fifteen months after
      diagnosis, a full year longer than he was supposed to. So, you never know.

      As Rosemary said, if there is a good home out there for her, it will be
      found. Bless you for taking care of that little girl ... whatever time she
      has left will be good for her, thanks to you :)

      Lisa

      On 5/3/06, moriahkeith <moriahkeith@...> wrote:

      > I have a new foster named Lilly who is a 1-2 year old DLH calico.
      > When she was spayed in 3-06, the vet noted a VI/VI heart murmur. I
      > took her for a cardiology consult today at Ohio State Veterinary
      > Hospital and got bad news about the nature of her heart disease.

    • Leah Ferron
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2006
        Moriah,

        Bless your heart for taking in all those kitties! I don't think I could keep up with the litter because the 5 I have keep me scooping enough. I would definitely NOT say you were cursed. For having that many cats and only having 3 with problems, I think you are doing pretty good. If you were to put 17 people in a room and only three had a health problem, that would be a miracle!

        I think you are doing a great job with Moriah. You seem to be doing everything you can for her and loving her is the greatest gift of them all. The wonderful thing about cats is they don't have self pity for their illnesses, unlike us. If you want to know about some supplements you can give to help her, let us know. They won't cure her but they can only help her. Hang in there! You are doing a great job!

        Leah and her cats