Re: Trandermal meds

  • froggymeowmeow
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2006
      I have written you about Morag, because she was a Burmese with RCM
      like Q-tip for advice, but have never heard back.

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "brinkett" <scrubbrush@...> wrote:

      > > Not all meds are candidates for transdermal application, plus
      > > the absorption of transdermal meds has not been studied much.
      >
      > We originally had Morag's heart medications compounded into
      > transdermal gels, but when we saw the cardiologist, she told us to
      > switch it to treats or liquid because they aren't sure how much of
      the
      > medication is actually absorbed. There aren't any studies addressing
      > this. So transdermal gels should be the absolute last choice. Try
      > compounded treats or liquid first.
      >
      > Sarah.

    • brinkett
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006
        > I have written you about Morag, because she was a Burmese with RCM
        > like Q-tip for advice, but have never heard back.

        I replied on March 10, when you originally wrote to me, but I guess my
        response went AWOL. I have forwarded you my response again. Please let
        me know if you don't get it.

        Sarah.