Re: [FH] Low Blood Pressure - Syncope

  • Susan
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28 12:44 PM
      Ruthie,

      I don't remember all the details but at one time we had a vet student member of FH named Willaim Draper. Someone had a post about syncope & he stated it wasn't as expected in HCM probably because the thickened heart is not flaccid like the stretched out dog heart in DCM. Low output vs blood not getting out of the atrium because the ventricle has a smaller space inside due to thickening.

      I believe syncope happens because the brain isn't getting enough O2.

      Another symptom more common in dogs than cats is coughing due to heart disease.

      Susan

      Ruthie <ruthieville@...> wrote: Can you explain that relationship between blood pressure and whether the
      condition is dcm or hcm? You've gotten me interested.

      Ruthie and the crew.

      This screen intentionally left blank.

      Visit www.ruthieville.com today for your daily dose of me.