Scary episode

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 11:34 AM
      We had a scare this morning. Pepper's been getting weak in the back end and usually can't jump onto the furniture any more. I've gotten step stools and put them around the house. (Got them for about $5 each at Walmart).

      I'm concerned about blood clots so when she was stumbling around this morning, I thought the worst. She wouldn't even put her leg on the ground. It was very scary although she was eating and not crying. Her foot wasn't cold.

      She rested for a while and then seemed ok - walking on all 4s - but the cardiologist said I should bring her right in.

      It seems she injured herself somehow. I'd guess that she fell somewhere and banged her hock. That's where they found the pain to be centered.

      So we're back home and resting with metcas, an anti-inflammatory.

      All this after she had a severe asthma attack on Monday.

      I figure that a lot of the weakness has to do with her last bout of vaccinosis. They were sure it was cancer (it wasn't) so they remove a layer of muscle. Since her tumor covered a large part of her rump, she did lose a lot of muscle mass. That was 6 weeks before she was initially diagnosed with heart disease.

      I'm just grateful that the lameness wasn't heart-related.

      Sue