Re: [FH] HCM - update on Vincent

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      Emma,

      It may sound bad, but there are a lot of cats on this list in the same
      condition. Pepper has been on a diuretic and medications to control her
      blood pressure for 1-1/2 years. All four chambers of her heart are enlarged
      and have been for several months.

      The term "heart failure" is scary to hear, but it really refers to
      "congestive heart failure" (aka CHF) which is a sympton of heart disease.
      It can be controlled with the medications. It's far scarier than it really
      is.

      This may not be as bad as you think.

      Sue