HCM - update on Vincent

  • Emma Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      Hello all

      Thanks very much to all of you who responded to my previous message with support and advice. It really helps at a time like this. I have just had the results of Vincent's ultrasound, and it's not good news. His heart has already sustained alot of damage and he has gone into heart failure. Forgive me if I get some of the technicalities wrong here, but the walls of the bottom chamber have thickened, the top chamber is enlarged, and he also has some fluid round his heart. I think they said they are going to give him a diuretic and something to help his blood pressure ( I will get full details when I pick him up later).

      Thanks again to everyone,
      Emma