Positive News (update on Guy)

  • rn1durham
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 7:52 PM
      Hi!

      It's been two weeks since Guy became very ill (hiding and having
      labored breathing.) He had fluid in his lungs/lung area and the vet
      diagnosed him with CHF. (He had been living with mild cardiomyopathy
      for a number of years.)

      After spending the night in the oxygen chamber and getting a couple of
      lasix injections, he came home. At first he was very weak and
      lethargic but his heart rate and breathing were OK. Gradually he's
      been getting stronger. I had a family emergency and my mother took
      care of him for a few days. When I returned, he seemed perkier, and
      was even at times acting like his obnoxious self! I was so happy. He
      even fights me about his medicine (atenolol and lasix) which is just
      fine with me.

      I would say he's at about 75% of his old self. He's 12 but a very
      young 12, and now he's more like my 14 year old kitty. I still am
      very aware that every day is a gift.

      Thanks for all the support!

      Robin