Introduction to Kitten

  • teamkillen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2006
      Dear All,

      I have been waiting to introduce myself and my kitten "Kitten" until
      we got the results of his ultrasound. I was referred to this group
      through the feline CRF group. Kitten was diagnosed with CRF in
      August. Since Kitten was 3 (he is almost 14 now) a heart murmur
      could be heard. When he was young it took a bit of contorting to put
      him in a spot where it cold be heard. I was always told not to be
      concerned and that it was something that may be an issue as he got
      older. Well now he is older and has CRF. He has not yet gotten to
      the point where he needs fluids. But I understood that a heart
      condition could effect his treatment so we went forward with the
      ultrasound. The results read as follows:
      "Chest Radiograph Findings: Normal Lungs and Heart
      Echocardiogram Findings: The muscle around the lower heart chamber
      was found to be mildly thickened. It is not offsetting heart
      function at this time.
      Echocardiogram Diagnosis: Mild Left Ventricular Hypertrophy
      Treatment Recommendations: No meds are necessary at this time.
      However, if this condition progresses, meds may be necessary. Recheck
      in 6 months"

      Can anyone shed some light on what this really means? I have not
      been really happy with the lack of aggressiveness that this vet has
      shown with regard to the CRF so I am concerned that we could be doing
      something now rather than doing the same "wait and see" routine.

      Your input is greatly appreciated.

      Nicole & Kitten