re:Baby

  • vickie
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
      Baby doesn't have CRF, at this time. My cardio vet called on Sun, and told me to keep him on the new meds,
      since his #'s didn't go up, and he is eating and drinking.

      I check Baby's BG on Sat and he had good numbers
      146 7am
      215 12pm
      274 7pm

      So I don't know why he is so high, and they say that stress wouldn't cause the numbers they get. On the other
      hand maybe he is finally regulated, or the new med is causing low numbers. I hope he's not going down hill. My
      last diabetic cat started having good numbers, and didn't need insulin. He ended up having cancer, and died about
      2mo later.

      As for the Potassium, she doesn't think they he is low enough to need it, and giving it to him, and having his #'s go
      up can cause him heart problems. His other vet pretty much told me the same thing on Sat.

      This month will be yr that Baby was Dx, hope he can hang on, past the so call 1 year mark, that they give us.

      She told me to watch for him sleeping a lot or, cutting back or stop drinking or eating, do to the kidneys, which I find odd,
      cause my mom has a cat with CRF, and he doesn't have any of this signs.

      She wants to see him in 3 mo, told me he doesn't need a blood test, unless I feel something is wrong.

      Thank you
      Vickie
      In memory of Angel ONYX 12/27/02 and Smudge 5/01/04
      Beware of Feline Diabetes !!!

    • vickie
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15 4:25 PM
        Baby has not been eating as much, these days, seems he wants to though.

        He's been sneezing the last several days, no runny eyes or nose. One of the heart
        dr told me I can give him Clavamox sp? just as a precaution. She thinks it might be
        a virus. Is there anything else I can do for him.

        I told her he as been laying in front of the A/C, I was wondering if the caught a chill,
        she thinks it was unlikely, but could happen. Other wise I guess for the most he's doing
        pretty good. He goes in Monday for a f/up w/the his cardio dr.

        Portable A/C updated
        FYI, those that remember me asking about a portable a/c, I bought one from www.compactappliance.com
        The brand I bought was Edgestar for $449 on sale, was $.599. There was no tax, and free s/h. This unit also
        dehumidifies and has a heater, it has 12,000 BTU's. There was another w/more btu, but did have a lot of reviews.
        This unit had the best review that people liked it. Its not to bad, I've been using it since July 3. I have it in my room,
        and sometimes Baby lays on the bed in front of the a/c, a lot of the time he lays right up against it on the floor,
        so I guess that will tell you that he puts up w/the sound. So I just wanted to share in case any one was interested
        in getting one. The good thing is that you can move around the house. As for the hose, I know someone in the
        group had a concern about it, so far I've had no problems w/the cats harming the vent hose.