calorie calculator help and Hobo update

  • Lisa Locke-Downer
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      Hi everyone,
      Could Rosemary or someone post again the way to
      calculate how many calories a cat needs per day? My
      Hobo is finally almost fully transitioned to Natural
      Balance Venison & Green Pea and is loving it. Once
      he's only on that food, I'm not sure how much to give
      him so that he will lose a little weight (he gained
      some on the dry prescription Hill's) and still give
      him the calories he needs. I can't find the calorie
      content of NB anywhere on the website or the can. I
      was planning on giving him one 6 oz. can per day, and
      going up to another half can if he seems hungrier.
      Right now he's eating 3-4.5 oz. per day mixed with a
      little of the dry Hill's. He is about 15.5 pounds now,
      up from 14.5 a couple months ago (when he was sick and
      losing weight), and the vet recommends that he get
      down to 14-14.5. He is doing great on the NB canned,
      by the way. His coat is shinier with no dandruff (he
      developed dry skin and dandruff on the dry
      prescription food) and he has had no IBS symptoms. And
      he gobbles it down - even getting more assertive with
      the kitten and not allowing him to steal any of the
      food.

      Thanks!
      Lisa, Hobo, and Mojo

      http://mail.yahoo.com