Administering Pills

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hi, I'm new to this group. Max has just been diagnosed with a heart
      and hyperthyroid condition. I was finally able to bring him home last
      night. I have to give him 4 different pills/day (lasix, atenolol,
      tapazole). Is it okay to mash up the pills and put it in some sort of
      food or does it need to be administered in the solid pill form? Max
      has only eaten dry food his entire life so I'm not sure what I could
      put it in. Any help/input is greatly appreciated.