Re: Atenolol while out of town

  • howdeeeyall@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
      I'm a petsitter myself. Make sure the person has *petsitter's* insurance,
      not some other form of insurance, and/or bonding. Bonding is really just for
      employees, so if he/she is a sole proprietor, not an employee, bonding is not
      necessary.

      That might help your husband feel more comfortable.

      You can also ask for local references from clients, preferably a long-term
      client. Maybe you can find a reference from someone with a special needs pet.
      Or maybe you can find a petsitter who is also a vet tech--that would be
      great.

      In some areas, there are local petsitter's associations. They can be very
      helpful in finding the right person. But the national listings are a good
      place to start.

      If you were in my very small service area, I'd be happy to take care of your
      heart kitty. I've had almost a year experience with my own, now. And I've
      given lots of meds to other people's pets. I sort of specialize in pets with
      special needs or anxieties.

      Judith in NC

      Hi, everyone....just wanted to thank you all for your kind respones and
      suggestions re: my atenolol while on vacation question! I'm looking into
      the
      national petsitter organizations for recommendations, more information, etc.
      My
      husband isn't wild about someone unknown in our house, but I think we'll be
      okay...and we'll definitely have peace of mind for Simon.

      Again, many thanks!
      Jennifer

    • KAPTIVA@WEBTV.NET
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
        Hi Jennifer.....

        You might want to consider "hiring" one
        of the Techs from your Vet Clinic.

        Two reasons:

        1. Since they are affiliated with your
        Vet, you can feel more comfortable
        that they will be responsible.

        2. Having a Tech check on your little
        one is almost as good as daily vet
        care....in addition to knowing what to
        look for, they are familiar with the
        importance of meds, timing and probably
        have a good pilling technique.

        We've done this a couple of times.

        Once, we had a tech and our sitter meeting at the house twice a day.
        The Tech gave the meds and the
        sitter fed and did the litter boxes.

        Everyone can use a little extra cash....
        Techs included.

        Hope this is helpful,
        Fran
      • Jay Bangle
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
          I have to second this. I use Techs from my vet's office - and they
          have been, mostly, extremely good. Find of if one or more live close
          to you.

          Jay Bangle