Re: Atenolol while out of town

  • JAM0467@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
      Hi, everyone....just wanted to thank you all for your kind respones and
      suggestions re: my atenolol while on vacation question! I'm looking into the
      national petsitter organizations for recommendations, more information, etc. My
      husband isn't wild about someone unknown in our house, but I think we'll be
      okay...and we'll definitely have peace of mind for Simon.

      Again, many thanks!
      Jennifer

    • Leah Ferron
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
        Jennifer,

        Once you interview the petsitter in person (have your husband there too if you can), you will know if it is the right person to be in your house when you are not there. The pet-sitter I found, I knew instantly that she was a good person. Although, most animal lovers are, in my opinion. I kind of liked that someone was watching the house too.

        Leah and her cats

        JAM0467@... wrote:
        Hi, everyone....just wanted to thank you all for your kind respones and
        suggestions re: my atenolol while on vacation question! I'm looking into the
        national petsitter organizations for recommendations, more information, etc. My
        husband isn't wild about someone unknown in our house, but I think we'll be
        okay...and we'll definitely have peace of mind for Simon.

        Again, many thanks!
        Jennifer

        Cat health insurance Cat health care Pet health cat Cat health Heart conditions Health problem in cat

        ---------------------------------

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2006
          I'm a petsitter myself. Make sure the person has *petsitter's* insurance,
          not some other form of insurance, and/or bonding. Bonding is really just for
          employees, so if he/she is a sole proprietor, not an employee, bonding is not
          necessary.

          That might help your husband feel more comfortable.

          You can also ask for local references from clients, preferably a long-term
          client. Maybe you can find a reference from someone with a special needs pet.
          Or maybe you can find a petsitter who is also a vet tech--that would be
          great.

          In some areas, there are local petsitter's associations. They can be very
          helpful in finding the right person. But the national listings are a good
          place to start.

          If you were in my very small service area, I'd be happy to take care of your
          heart kitty. I've had almost a year experience with my own, now. And I've
          given lots of meds to other people's pets. I sort of specialize in pets with
          special needs or anxieties.

          Judith in NC

        • KAPTIVA@WEBTV.NET
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
            Hi Jennifer.....

            You might want to consider "hiring" one
            of the Techs from your Vet Clinic.

            Two reasons:

            1. Since they are affiliated with your
            Vet, you can feel more comfortable
            that they will be responsible.

            2. Having a Tech check on your little
            one is almost as good as daily vet
            care....in addition to knowing what to
            look for, they are familiar with the
            importance of meds, timing and probably
            have a good pilling technique.

            We've done this a couple of times.

            Once, we had a tech and our sitter meeting at the house twice a day.
            The Tech gave the meds and the
            sitter fed and did the litter boxes.

            Everyone can use a little extra cash....
            Techs included.

            Hope this is helpful,
            Fran
          • Jay Bangle
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6, 2006
              I have to second this. I use Techs from my vet's office - and they
              have been, mostly, extremely good. Find of if one or more live close
              to you.

              Jay Bangle