Re: [FH] just diagnosed

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hi (Sorry, I don't know your name)

      Welcome to the list, though I'm sorry you had to join us!

      It's a very good idea to get as thorough a work-up for your kitty as you can
      right now, including taking him to a feline cardiologist. You are very
      lucky -- most kitties are not diagnosed until they're symptomatic, and the
      outlook is generally better for cats who are diagnosed while asymptomatic.

      It's a serious disease. The prognosis and lifespand is extremely variable,
      *but* if you get your cat diagnosed early and he's started on meds
      (particularly beta blockers) *now* he has a good chance of staying
      clinically healthy for a long time. There is good evidence that giving
      meds like beta blockers prophylactically can slow the disease process
      significantly.

      So, welcome again -- what is your kitty's name?

      Lisa