Boots

  • kelly
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 23, 2006
      My hopes and heart are with you and Boots right now,,,Having just lost
      Angel a few hours ago I am a bit out of it, but in my heart my love is for
      all the sweet little cats affected with this hideous disease, I will send
      thoughts to Angel to keep a watch over boots. For I love them all, those
      that share my home and those that live in the streets and behind the
      barns. They are our families,
      Love and hug your boots,,,and you re not alone ,
      Kelly in memory of my Angel
    • kelly
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 25, 2006
        I have been thinking about boots and hoping he is doing better,,,Living
        with FIV and IBD and CRF,,,This heart disease is by far the worst,,,,I have
        ben through so many canine and feline diseases, but this is my first
        experience with this and it broke my heart as it seemed to come on so
        rapidly. The reason I sort of know this is because in Jan, I had Xrays done
        on Angel due to vomiting I was a bit gun shy with vomiting because the
        month before my little Tiger had been vomiting and he had an obstruction (
        piece of rubber mat the crazy cat ate,,he is fine now after the
        2000,surgery) so when I had a more than usual vomiting episode it was to
        the vet I went, At that time Angels heart appeared perfectly normal,,,So
        this developed within 6 weeks,,,as her heart was noticeably enlarged the
        other day.
        Perhaps Boots will respond to the medication and there will be some good
        quality time ahead for the both of you, You will both be in my thoughts,
        I am terrible at making that final decision, I really agonize,,but when she
        threw the second clot and was in pain the decision would have been easy.
        If where you live there is a vet that you trust to make a house call tat is
        ideal,,this happened at 1 AM and as I said I was upset by the emergency
        vets way of handling it,,In that situation again i think I would ask my vet
        for a prescription of good injectable pain medication and perhaps some
        injectable acepromazine as a light sedative for their comfort,
        Please keep us informed on your Boots and you are in my thought and my good
        wished are going your way,
        Kelly
      • Jennifer Raheb
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 17, 2014
          So my vet called today and we are scheduling the echocardiogram and cardiologist consult. Her BNP was normal. Does anyone have an opinion on how reliable that is ?

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Jennifer Raheb
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2014
            Hey guys I'm not sure if this posted the first time. If it did forgive me for posting again
            My cat boots age 6 went for a checkup and my vet found a grade 2/3 heart murmur that wasn't present before. The BNP was normal and we have an echo appt with the cardiologist coming up. Is there a chance this is benign ? And what is the significance of a normal BNP ?
            Thanks !
            Sent from my iPhone
          • Elfinmyst
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2014
              Hi there

              There is no way to tell until the ultrasound is done. The other test result is good, but it;s not very reliable. It could be a benign murmur from a valve leaking or it could be the start of HCM. Either way it is good he is seeing the cardiologist. Let us know the result

              Lyn

              www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)
            • Jennifer Raheb
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 26, 2014
                Today we had our consult with the cardiologist and an echocardiogram. He said the test was completely normal and it's a benign murmur. He wants another BNP with her physical next year and he said to be super safe, yearly echos. Do I need to do this ?
                I am beyond thrilled and really liked this doctor. If anyone is near NY I will give you his info.
                Thank you for your help!

                Sent from my iPhone
              • Elfinmyst
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 26, 2014
                  That is the best news you can get! The BNP test is quite unreliable and the ultrasound is the gold standard. I am so glad he passed, its not uncommon to have benign murmurs and give Boots a big hug for passing his test!! Lyn.

                  www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)
                • Jennifer Raheb
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 26, 2014
                    Thanks !!!!