Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [FH] Advice re adopting a new kitty

Expand Messages
  • Lisa Clarizia
    I think you re being realistic ... very few of us would CHOOSE to go through this again without a lot of thought. I suppose if I were in your place, I d
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      I think you're being realistic ... very few of us would CHOOSE to go through
      this again without a lot of thought.

      I suppose if I were in your place, I'd probably wait to see if she's clear
      or not. She's with a responsible owner now, someone who spayed her so she
      can't breed, and who obviously cares about her. You have one HCM cat now,
      and another at theoretical risk for developing it as well. Aside from the
      emotional wear and tear on you, there are financial concerns. Even if you
      could take it emotionally, can you afford to care for three cats with HCM if
      it should come to that?

      We'd love to save and care for every kitty with cardiomyopathy, but
      realistically ... we can't. It would be different if the breeder was
      planning to just get rid of her, then I might take the chance and at least
      foster her until I found a home willing to adopt an HCM kitty.

      That said, the genetic form usually shows up early. Tristan is clear at
      four years which is hopeful, and Beebers is sixteen months with no symptoms,
      which is also good. There is at least a decent chance they don't have the
      gene.

      Lisa

      On 2/3/06, Paula <plplat2003@...> wrote:
      >
      > I need some advice from you all about adding a new kitty to my home.
      >


      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.