Re: [FH] a funny thing happened last night...

  • Tanya Elder
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2006
      Maybe Zanz is sending her my way... though goodness knows Zanzi didn't
      like other kitties... at all! :)

      I think they did check for worms, but I'll get a fuller understanding
      if I go ahead and keep her. I don't remember whether they said that she
      had had worms or not. She is quite adorable, that's for sure!

      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Sue at MAGDRL <susan@...> wrote:

      > Tanya,
      >
      > Maybe Zanz is sending her your way.
      >
      > As for the distended tummy, either she just pigged out or it could be
      that
      > she has intestinal parasites. That could account for her lack of
      energy.

      > Sue
    • protectanimals
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2006
        Tanya,

        How wonderful of you to foster and give this little girl a chance!
        Whether or not you keep her, sounds like you can help each other heal
        right now....

        Thinking of you....Meredith with Monkey

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Tanya Elder" <elderta_2001@...>
        wrote:
        .> I don't know how it happened, but I am now fostering a kitty exactly
        > one week after my lovey girl passed away. Literally, the foster kitty
        > got to my house to the moment that Zanz passed away last Thursday.
      • diane
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2006
          At 8:15 PM +0000 2/3/06, Tanya Elder wrote:
          >Maybe Zanz is sending her my way... though goodness knows Zanzi didn't
          >like other kitties... at all! :)

          But Zanzi knew *you* like kitties! ;)

          Diane
        • Lisa Clarizia
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2006
            [whispers]keepherkeepherkeepherkeepherkeepherkeepher[/whispers]

            Well, it sounds like this kitty doesn't like other kitties either ... which
            may be why Zanzi sent her to you, because she knew it would be perfect for
            her AND you, since you can realistically only house one kitty. She wouldn't
            have picked a zoo like MY house to send Pikea (?) nor would she have sent a
            company-loving kitty like my Morsel to you.

            It's an odd situation when we lose a pet ... so different from when we lose
            a human. It's not like you can run down to the shelter and adopt yourself
            another parent or sibling or whatever after a human death, so you don' t
            have the same 'replacement' guilt. I suppose the closest analogy is dating
            again after you lose a spouse.

            I always say though that we're not 'replacing' anything and that the best
            way to honor a departed kitty's memory is to give the same good home to
            another kitty or kitties ... when you're ready. That time varies. I got
            Morsel three days after Baby Boy died, and I was planning to wait a little
            longer than that but I think the Rare White Panther with Black Spots had a
            hand in it, because he knew his mama would lose her mind if she didn't have
            something to focus on. In this case, it was a little abandoned orange
            kitten with ear mites and an upper respiratory infection.

            You just never know ... but Zanzibar loved you and wouldn't want you to be
            alone without a kitty to love you here on earth. Now that she's free of the
            limitations of her earthly body, Zanzibar can work miracles, not only for
            you but also for a shy little kittycat who needs a quiet home and one-on-one
            attention -- a home she might not have otherwise found.

            Lisa

            On 2/3/06, Tanya Elder <elderta_2001@...> wrote:

            > Maybe Zanz is sending her my way... though goodness knows Zanzi didn't
            > like other kitties... at all! :)

          • Ruthie
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 5, 2006
              Give her some time. Our newest cat is skiddish, very skiddish. If she does
              come out while you're there, encourage her, see if you can find something
              she likes and do it. Eventually she'll come out of her shell

              Ruthie and the crew.

              The easiest way to figure the cost of living is to take your income and
              add ten percent.

              Visit www.ruthieville.com today for your daily dose of me.