Hello

  • Crystal Seelig
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2006
      Hi,
      Sorry I have not written lately but I got a job at my vet hosp in
      fountain valley and plus chubby with his cancer and school. well we found
      out not only does chubby have lymphoma he also has a heart murmur and it is
      getting worse.
    • protectanimals
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2006
        I love Sue's story, voluntary compliance is always the best!

        Another idea is to check with your vet and see if it's ok to
        periodically take the e-collar off for eating and drinking purposes,
        under strict supervision by you to make sure there's no messing with
        the eye....

        Good luck.....Merediht with Monkey

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, MeiLiMom@... wrote:
        .> come feed him. Does anyone have any words of advice about this
        collar on a
      • MeiLiMom@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
          Hello,
          I want to say thank you to everyone who wrote to me about Tawny and his
          collar. I called the vet and told them how much trouble he is having eating and
          drinking, and how hard it is for him to get around since he is blind and can't
          use his whiskers. I asked them if they had a soft fabric collar like so many
          of you suggested and my husband is at the vet right now picking one up. They
          cautioned me to watch him carefully to be sure he can't get after his eye, so
          I am hoping this will work. He will need to wear it for about 6 days until
          his eye heals from the biopsy.

          We are not sure if Tawny also has something inside his nose, or if the eye
          tumor is just pushing blood and gunk through his nose. With the collar on, he
          can't clean his nose and a lot of bloody stuff is coming out of his nose, and
          then crusting over. We decided that if it is SCC and it is just in his eye,
          we will have his eye removed (he doesn't see anyway) but if it is the kind of
          cancer that spreads easily to lungs, etc. we will just make him comfortable.
          He is diabetic and blind and 14 years old.

          Tawny also has bad teeth, so while he was anesthetized for the biopsy, the
          vet got a good look in his mouth and did not see any cancer in there. If it is
          SCC and we are having his eye removed, do you think we should have teeth
          pulled as well? They were recommending this before we knew about the tumor.
          Would that be putting him through too much at one time?

          I added a picture of Tawny to Roo's webpage at
          _www.ouradoptionstories.com/roospage.html_ (http://www.ouradoptionstories.com/roospage.html) I just took
          the picture today so he has his original collar on and you can see the gunk at
          his nose. I keep cleaning this off, but it keeps coming back.

          Thanks again for all your help!! We are praying for all the kitties and moms
          (and dads) on the lists.

          Kim R ~ Mom to Kaitlyn Taomei & Jessica Taoli ~ 10 year old identical twins
          from Nanchang, Jiangxi, China ~ and Ashley Heejung ~ 5 years old from S.
          Korea ~

          Also Mom to furbabies ~ Tawny, kitty 14, diabetic, blind, and possible SCC
          cancer of the eye, Baby Roo, kitty 1, radial hypoplasia of both arms and
          hopefully recovered from congestive heart failure, Boo Boo , kitty 7 amputated
          tail, Meggy, Golden Retriever rescue 5, hard of hearing, and Angel Johann,
          Golden Retriever waiting at the Rainbow Bridge - died at age 7 from a brain
          tumor that caused blindness and seizures

          ~ Please visit Our Adoption Stories ~ http://www.ouradoptionstories.com ~