Re: [FH] Tawny had his biopsy - he is NOT happy

  • Sue at MAGDRL
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2006
      Kim,

      When Pepper had her last surgery for vaccinosis, they gave her an E-collar.
      When she got home, she had it off in under 30 seconds flat. She & I had
      such a battle about keeping it on and I even took her back to the vet
      thinking they could do a better job. I was in tears and totally frustrated.

      We finally comprimised. You may not believe this but I sat with her and
      explained how important is was for her not to touch her incision. I asked
      her to please leave it alone so it could heal. Then I sat with her for a
      while to help her get it right. She was an angel and left it alone. She
      had already taken off the E-collar and I never put it back on her.

      She could easily reach the incision and I know it bothered her. She would
      reach back to bite at it and then stop mid-air.

      I'm not sure how well you communicate with your cat, but this worked for me.
      Your cat needs to be able to eat & drink. I don't know how they think the
      animals can function with those things.

      Sue